Monday, April 4, 2011

A high CARB night! (not the smartest thing to do)

Yesterday after I slept in, I got up, got ready then took the car to do my errands. I would have sworn it was going to thunder & lighting with a down pour of rain. It was cool enough to wear a hoodie at mid-day. I finally landed at the local Starbucks where I got my 'first cup of the day', banana (which I brought back to my flop) and nope on the cheesy bagel/cream cheese. After enjoying my two cups while joking around with other customers and baristas I came back to my flop. I did some cleaning like maid on crack which got me hungry. Last night for my late meal I ordered up spaghetti with sausages, oh and no I didn't forget the garlic bread, a real carb high. I should have stop there but noooo I press on. I made Jiffy Pop popcorn... I gotta write, that when I was young I guess I don't really care about the lingering aftertaste. I was more taken by how in the fuck can a small pan expand into this mushroom of foil ready to eat popcorn. I guess when I was young I really didn't care that they use industrial strength cooking oil that could lube a jet engine for life or preservative that would make it last beyond a nuclear fallout. The tricky part, when I was young was not to burn it beyond eatable recognition. Well, last night I followed the instructions which is a first for MAN and no it wasn't done in Stick People drawings, you had to read. I moved it around-across-back & forth over the burner only to be fooled by it; because it took longer than what the instructions state it would take for it to begin popping. But once that industrial oil got hot enough, it pop like 'a cat on a hot tin roof'. Now that I'm older I took care in opening the foil, instead of my younger-self where I would rip it open with my bare hands only to be rewarded with a 'heat blast' to the face. I used a knife to make the first tear, call me chicken but I can live without the 'heat blast' to the face. Discovering that I didn't burn it, I then used my hands to finish tearing open the foil. While watching the last 
Princess movie from Disney I could feel whatever industrial oil and preservative they use coating my tongue. When I got to the bottom in the Jiffy popping pan, I found solidified chunks of popcorn and chemical with a very bad aftertaste. Even after brushing my teeth the aftertaste remained. The aftertaste didn't even diminish after brushing my teeth when I got up. It wasn't until pedaled my ass over to local Starbucks, where Voodoo Witch Barista made me a concoction of java and potions that finally got rid of the aftertaste of Jiffy Pop popcorn. This part is where I have to eat some words and admit THANKS to Voodoo Witch Barista. As for tonight's late meal is going to be something simple, maybe a burrito from a new 'taco place' here in town. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment