Friday, April 8, 2011

Bacon Cupcakes-what the fuck

Today's tale is about something I thought I would never try. What's that you ask? (okay you're not asking but raise your fucking hand anyway) Here are some of things I have tried... I've tried 'chicken & waffles' which by the way is good (thanks to the Blues Players of Chi town)... I've tried dried fish which I'm not sure of yet... I've tried coffee that is not made of coffee (don't ask it was some kind of workout hot drink)... I've tried biscuits & gravy (I don't get that one either-I think its a white guy thing) ... I've tried some different drinks or concoction made at local Starbucks that I'm sure I'll do my best to stay away from... but this time once again Voodoo Witch Barista comes up with something I wasn't really searching the world for... Voodoo Witch Barista made this concoction at her very own witch's den... she made (ready for it) "Bacon Cupcakes"... now am I the only one that sees the paradox in this?... Bacon mixed into Cupcakes with maple frosting... the best way to describe the taste is like eating a pancake that has bacon in it covered with maple syrup... I think that this would be something that Southern folk would be all over... or maybe the Mid-West folk... like that biscuit & gravy thing that gets them all a twitter (no not the "this is what the fucking I'm doing right now that no one really cares about" web site)... now when I was little guy my mother would do things like cook a pancake with a strip bacon down the middle of it (note-pre cook bacon before putting it in the middle of a pancake)... or added chocolate chips maybe banana or even nuts... then again my mother would do the same for cupcakes but never with bacon... to me this Bacon Cupcake would be a food junky's dream... I mean you have bacon which is high in grease... then you have cake which is full of sugar plus add the maple frosting double sugar... It's a HOMER high!!! As for me I can say I've tried it but I won't be searching 7-11 or Supermarkets in the Hostess Cupcake aisle for it... or in the pastry case at local Starbucks... I think Bacon Cupcakes is more for the Homer or Souther folk or Mid-West folk or just White folk thing... then again what do I know, I'm a West Coast guy... we don't do folk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment