Monday, February 28, 2011

The original Indigo Blue and you!


Okay about the pic... yup its the Levi Strauss logo, its been around for over a hundred years. The reason it's got the two mules on the leather tag is to show how strong they where made. And yes its true Levi did pull this stunt to show California miners that these are the jeans to buy, strong and built to last. So Levi used the two mules pulling a pair of jeans with the "XX" as the trade mark (truth in branding). Okay so what's the big deal. How many of us can say they been raised with a brand, ever sense I was a kid old enough to wear "jeans" it's been Levis. Its something that's been handed down to me, of all things by my mother, yup, mom. She was raised up in the vineyards & farmlands of Northern California, you guest it she too was raised wearing Levis. It's the one clothing item you don't mind getting hand me downs. The more fade or worn the better they are. When money was tight for her she tried getting the cheaper jeans from JCP or Husky's from Sear but those jeans didn't last, I wore through them to fast, cheaply made, so mom would put me back into Levis. I grew up wearing Levis. When I had to go get some pants because of losing weight I headed to a store that carried original 501s, shrink to fit, button fly Levis. It's been along time sense I worn 501s. Don't get me wrong I was wear Levis but the Old Fat Guy Levis, 550 relaxed fit (means-okay your fat so we'll lie about the size on the waist) or 560 loose fit (means-yeah your fat and these won't make your gut hang to much over the waistband).
There's something about when you get a pair of new 501s and the first thing you got to do is wash them before you can wear them, from stiff ridged cardboard feel to cotton soft comfortable fit. No matter how I try to write this... to me there is nothing like a pair of original 501 shrink to fit button fly Levis.
The original Indigo Blue and you!

No comments:

Post a Comment