Saturday, March 12, 2011

A nickel then is worth a million now.

When I was very young and hanging out with my cousins near the beach back in the early 60's, we would go out collect Coke bottles that people would leave behind; back in those day a Coke bottle was worth a nickel or dime depending on size of bottle. After collecting a few we would go to local liquor store, get a Coke which coast in those day 15 cents, penny candy, i.e., like Hershey kisses oh and the big score would be a new comic book for nickel or dime. I had one of the first issue that feature Spider-Man, Amazing Fantasy 15. But as a kid we would trash the hell out of comic books. If I was smart enough and being the comic geek I am... The first number ones or introducing a new character that I would have my collection now. Who know that a nickel comic book would be worth 1.1 million dollars. Fuck me... Hey mom... what did you do with that shoe box of comics I had when I was a little boy? There is a lesson here for moms... don't throw away comic books that your little boy collects. It could be big money for you later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment