Thursday, March 10, 2011

Get up and go call for work!

Let me explain what's meant in the Industry by 'GET UP & GO' calls, it is use by most if not all Guilds & Unions. It's where you get a call from your 'local' (Industry term for Guild or Union) because a production needs an extra guy or gal, it could even be that someone didn't make it because they got sick or they final realize they where short handed. It mean what is say... you quickly get ready and head out the door to work. I had one of those calls today. A new TV series need any extra guy for prepping a location (see other pic-yup those are tents and we had to pitch them). The call time was for seven a.m., I got the phone call from the local at six-thirty a.m.. The location was in San Pedro, which means A.M. rush hour traffic. Of course I had to stop off at local Starbucks for that 'first cup of the day' with Chiquita Banana, that I enjoyed in stop & go traffic. I got to work in about hour or so; could say just in time for the crew that was there sense seven a.m. to go to coffee. Perfect timing (I just hung out while the crew went to coffee-took pics). Then we got down to work pitching tents, Army tents... I think we did better then KBR. Why you ask? No one got hurt or killed like KBR seems to do (Iraq ring any bells when KBR did the construction work-G.I.s died from shitty work). Sense we ran out of certain equipment we decided to work straight through lunch to 'beat the hours' (other Industry term). We finished up what we could with what we had. For the drive home I stop off at Starbucks to get 'cup of java' with a cheesy bagel/cream cheese; enjoyed it in traffic on the way home. Once back here I stopped off at local Starbucks for that 'last cup of the day' to relax with at my flop. Now for late meal I thinking of a red all meat burrito, then call it a night. Because I got another day on new TV series, got to finish up pitching tents.




No comments:

Post a Comment