Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Burger from the new old Sugar Shack.

Tonight's writing is not about the local Starbucks that I pedal my ass over to. All right I lied, it is kinda sorta... I was yearning for a 'cup of java'... this time when I got there the baristas I usual write about weren't on the floor (restaurant term for get your ass out there and take the abuse for very low pay)... I went to my original spot at the counter to sit in the 'big persons' chair... instead of having my laptop this time I had my iPod Touch (we're reading old, I mean old-it won't take any new updates from iTunes anymore old-way before iPad was a wet spot in Steve's pants old) used it and my iPhone to stakeout my little part of the counter... like in the old land rush days (those of you who flunked history get the new history app from the app store)... then I went to the register to find someone I haven't written about yet... now, I got to say its kind of 'cool' when a barista ask me "what's my pet name going to be"? (I guess this would be writer's term for AKA or alias-to protect the innocent-like I would really do that)... Now that I have time to ponder it, how about 'She Who facebooks Everything Barista'... works for me... (now back to story)... 'She Who facebooks Everything Barista' was telling me it took her a bit to figure out who Baahbaah Barista was... She giggle I smirked... I got my 'cup of java', made her go fetch bananas from the back because they where out on the counter... when she came back with the box of Chiquita Bananas... I knew I was getting one with a sticker!... Fuck me... there are times when I shouldn't write about putting up stickers around the store... She Who facebooks Everything Barista remember that Baahbaah Barista stripped the stickers so she did too... she didn't want to be out done... there goes my sticker... okay back to what this story is going to be about... I sat at my staked out part of the counter enjoying my 'cup of java' while watching Nexflix on my old iPod Touch... what I was watching was even older... 1930s version of 'Flash Gordon Death Ray From Mars' (if you got nexflix take a look)... after the 'cup of java', banana and being distracted by the very sexy hot MILFs come in for the ice blend drinks, even ice tea!... I decided on going next door to the NEW OLD SUGAR SHACK... a bit of history or rumor not sure which... this was the original MALT SHOPE of Covina (oops gave away location-fuck it-google it) made famous by a newspaper cartoonist... back in the days when guys looking like Ken dolls and the gals where wearing poodle skirts (which is why a lot of guys have sexual fantasies about girls wearing bobby socks, two tone shoes, and tight knit sweaters)... I got yearning for an old fashion cheese burger... having some feed back from others who patron the Sugar Shack... it's the burgers that got good reviews... oh the chile is for shit (shit not meaning good)... I've heard that the sundaes are monstrous... might be a good thing... it's the ice cream I'm not sure of, Thrifty Ice Cream... which to me was okay but very cheap... not highly rated back in the day... well lets get back to it shall we?.. I went over (you can see pic here that I took-there somewhere here) to order a cheese burger with avocado and extra pickle... now I will say this the place is somewhat busy because of curiosity but not wait outside until we feel you get a table busy... I made my order to go thinking it wouldn't take much time... was I fucking wrong... I think when you tell them its to go... to them it means "hey cookie take your fucking time on this one-its on the fly"... I mean I had time to go back and watch more of my 'Flash Gordon Death Ray From Mars' movie... I went back-n-forth from local Starbucks to Sugar Shack more times than I should... I finally got my avocado cheese burger with extra pickles (why do people think extra means we give you two so here is one more-extra means give me a lot you fucking bastard)... got the burger back to Starbucks to the area I had staked out... it was good... can of reminded me of---wait for it... 'Big Boy's Hamburgers'... wolfed it down and chased it with a Route 66 Root Beer (made with real cane sugar)... good stuff all around... now for the picture I'm posting with this, in no way is related to the Sugar Shack... I mean noooo noooo noooo buddy in Sugar Shack looks like this at all... the furthest from it... I think if they would get the waitress to look like this... then they could make you wait outside until they fucking feel like sitting your ass at table or at counter... Do you want fries with that?

No comments:

Post a Comment