Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Abuelita style cooking or this is how my grandmother made it!

Getting right into it, last night I was wanting some home style cooking of real Mexican food. Not fast food 'Taco Bell' shit (no true Mexican/American can call TB real food, the taco meat is classified as a meat by-product. better known as mystery meat). I talking Mexican food made with stuff that my grandmother or better know as abuelita would have used. I was wanting SOPA DE FIDEO, a real Mexican dish made differently depending on what part of Mexico your family comes from. Me or my Abuelita would make it in a skillet, you brown the 'angel hair noodles better known as FIDEO, pinch or touch of garlic, she would use recycled bacon grease, (I'm not joking), when browned you add stewed tomatoes, juice and all and about 3/4 of the can of water toss in some sliced onion, dash of salt (for taste) pepper, then you let it simmer under a lid, either until you have a well bended soup (sopa) or until the moisture is gone. No do not stir. Only stir once or so when its mostly fluid, If you let it steam out don't stir. Low heat. This is great stuff- to me better than Mexican rice (white man's term) Mexican call for arroz or sopa de arroz. The other item I had was nachos con charizo. The place I got this home style cooking is a local place here in Covina called 'Casa Moreno'. Oh the margaritas rock. 
For today after sleeping in really late I got up and pushed myself out the door to the local Starbucks for that 'first cup of the day', banana, and cheesy bagel/ cream cheese. Feel full night now but I'm so turned around I'll probably get hungry around mid-night. Got to turn myself around. So for this post I'm using the vintage pin up of a Matador, I wouldn't mind being the toro for a hot MILF. Toro toro!

No comments:

Post a Comment